Wednesday, March 12, 2008

1987

My father bought me a Nintendo game system in xmas 1987.
I had a black and white TV in my bedroom, but I was convinced I could see colors. I wasn't just being difficult.

I played so much I had to stop reading books for a year; every time I would open to a new page, I would see Mario jumping through the letters as through they were coins, and it became increasingly difficult to enjoy the book.

I would listen to one of two cassettes on my walkman: Dream of the Blue Turtles by Sting, or Imagine by John Lennon. "I Hope the Russians Love Their Children Too" and "Jealous Guy" were my favorite songs, particularly the former, which I was also somehow disposed to dance to ("there is-a no monolpoly of common sense on either side of the political fence!").

I would hold down the A button while I jumped Mario over the gaps in the stone pavement, and the sky was so gray it was blue again...

1 comment:

jetstakeoff said...

He wasn't as bad as people try to make him seem.